When it comes to your car, there’s a few proactive steps you can take to keep it running great. Changing the oil regularly, rotating the tires and checking all the belts and hoses can keep your car running smoothly and save you the expense of costly repairs.
Your on-hold marketing is no different. Your on-hold announcement system was designed to deliver your message without a hitch, every time. If you have a remote-load on-hold message player, updating your message is really easy. And just like your car, there are proactive measures you can take to keep your on-hold marketing running great.
Every member of the On Hold Company tech support team is a master at maintaining your system’s continuous audio quality and connectivity. Here are the top five situations that deserve special attention. Be sure to proactively contact our tech support staff:
- If you replace your phone system. Your music/message on hold service is totally dependent on the condition of your phone system. You want to get tech support involved in the process to coordinate the reinstallation of the on-hold device.
- If you switch to a new phone service provider or upgrade to a new type of service. Some on-hold systems are remotely managed and use the phone service for remote updates. Informing tech support will give us a chance to ensure remote access isn’t lost in the change.
- If you move to a new location. Getting tech support involved will decrease the possibility of the on-hold system getting left behind and/or lost.
- If you relocate or replace a fax machine or network equipment. Once again, remote systems utilize either a phone line or an Internet connection to receive updates. For that reason, any hardware change could impact future updates to your on-hold marketing. Tech support will be able to communicate with local technicians and/or IT personnel about the right course of action.
- If you experience a power surge that damages equipment in your facility. It’s possible for your on-hold equipment to be damaged but still play on hold, while other functions of the device could rendered inoperable – such as volume adjustment and changing the audio content. Tech support will know how to test its functionality and verify the condition of the device.
These proactive measures will help ensure continuous performance and audio quality of your on-hold marketing, so you never lose a customer on hold.Google+